Sunday, September 28, 2008

Making Plans with a Mother of Twins

Hey there,

This is a disclaimer to all of those who are friends with a mother of twins and what it takes to plan a night out.

A night out of the town with or without your twin children takes an enormous amount of planning, especially with a husband who works 70 hour work weeks and also attends school twice a week. Oh and did I mention he also has to study, which probably adds up to another 4 or 5 hours a week.

SO, as you can probably tell, I rarely get the chance to go out, so when I do, I have to plan probably a week out, making sure someone reliable can handle the boys, managing others schedules, etc.

Well, over the past few weeks, I ran into not only ONE, but TWO incidents where plans were canceled on me. To make those plans in the first place I first had to call and see if Chris could even put it on his calendar to come home at a descent hour. Then, I had to see if the babysitter could come later and stay later, then I went into work late so I could stay late, and then go out afterward.

So as you can see it's a process. So when you cancel on a mother of twins, you are not only affecting her, you affect her work, her baby sitter, her husband, and her children, not to mention her attitude change because now she has to go home when she could be going out on the town without the rest of the family tagging along.

BUT, what is most aggravating is when someone cancels on you when you plan on having your children with you! A mother of twins literally begins her day putting together all the things her children will need in order be satisfied wherever mom plans on taking them. Packing their bags, making sure they don't dirty up their clothes that were put on that morning, making sure that they get their nap. I EVEN had to WAKE them up and put them in the car and begin driving before I was canceled on, which made it worse because my kids need their nap and now didn't get it. If I would have known that they were going to cancel, I could have even slept during their nap, so I could recoup before my second half of the day began.

So you see folks, please don't make plans with a mother of twins unless you plan on sticking with them. Otherwise, you waste A LOT of her time, and others, and in the end, she ends up wasting even more time writing a blog about how pissed off she really was about the whole thing!

Good night!

No comments: